Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Whirlwinds Ahead!

These past few days have really been pretty amazing.

By now you know I got the job offer!  Its been pretty exciting, for sure.  I told my current work that I was, well, I said to my boss, "Hey, lets talk about that XXX position."  He says, well, I don't know where we are gonna put him, and we don't have to do anything thats XXX responsibility.  "Well"  I tell him, "that XXX is me." 

Well, he was a little suprised, but not shocked.  I suppose he knows that if the government that I work for isn't going to pay people well, then the government is going to lose people.  So, whats done is done.

So people have been comming by my area congratulating me all day, which is kind of wierd, because most days nobody talks to me unless I talk first.  Well, Im not a loner, I just work in the back area and there isn't a whole lot of people that come around anyways.

What do I say?  I have worked for the government for 20+ years, and I was thinking that I will have to wear dress shoes to work for the first time....

No comments: